Getintothis rolls out the latest names to grace the stage at Mojo as Liverpool Music Week unveils its raft of free gigs.
Getintothis can today reveal the next raft of artists for the two week free-festival extravaganza in Liverpool includes…
The Duke Spirit, Twin Sister, Summer Camp, Big Deal, The Young Knives, Tribes, Foreign Beggars, Benjamin Francis Leftwich, Dels, Lanterns On The Lake, Three Trapped Tigers, Stealing Sheep, Marcus Foster, Baxter Dury, Frankie & The Heartstrings.
The UK’s biggest indoor winter music festival kicks off on October 28 including a plethora of free shows from all of the above at Mojo and Leaf until November 13.
A further selection of special events are still to be announced at The Kazimier, Static Gallery, Wolstenholme Creative Space and Mello Mello
There was doubly good news this week when LMW was nominated for Fans Best Festival in the UK Festival Awards, to vote got here.
As Getintothis previously announced LMW has delivered one of their most cutting edge line ups to date, including the sold-out launch show with The Horrors and the incredible closing party headlined by Ghostpoet with The Whip, Phantom Band, Outfit and more supporting.
Further artists announced for closing show include Hyde and Beast, DJ Derek and DJ Wrongtom, Warm Brains, Eagulls, Lucky Beaches and The Loud.
LMW Director Mike Deane said: ‘We are thrilled at the agenda we have pulled together for 2011.
‘A sold out opening show with one of the hottest bands on the planet plus a hugely ambitious closing show at one of the city’s most intriguing venues.
‘But once again, the free festival we’ve announced is a blinder – our best to date – showcasing the best new bands out there alongside the freshest talent our great city has to offer. We can’t wait for this year’s festival to kick off.‘
More information on the free shows and how to guarantee entry to particular gigs go here.
LMW dates announced include:
LMW 2011 LAUNCH SHOW
* The Horrors at The Kazimier: Saturday October 20 – Sold Out
* Free festival opening party featuring: The Duke Spirit at Mojo: Friday October 28
* The Young Knives at Mojo: Saturday October 29
* Tribes at Mojo: Sunday October 30
* Benjamin Francis Leftwich at Mojo: Monday November 1
* Foreign Beggars at Mojo: Wednesday November 2
* Lanterns On The Lake at Leaf Cafe, Bold St: Wednesday November 2
* Dels at Mojo Thursday November 3
* Big Deal at Mojo Friday November 4
* Baxter Dury: at Mojo Saturday November 5
* Twin Sister: at Mojo Sunday November 6
* Gardens & Villa at Mojo Monday November 7
* Marcus Foster and Cashier No.9 at Mojo Tuesday November 8
* Three Trapped Tigers at Mojo Wednesday November 9
* Summer Camp at Mojo Thursday November 10
* LMW 2011 GRAND FINALE at The Contemporary Urban Centre, New Bird Street – Friday November 11.
Featuring: Ghostpoet, The Whip, The Phantom Band, Outfit, Beth Jeans Houghton, Cerebral Ballzy, DJ Derek and DJ Wrongtom, D/R/U/G/S, Drums of Death, Dustin Wong, Dutch Uncles, Echo Lake, Fear Of Men, Gross Magic, Hot Club de Paris, Man Without Country, Mugstar, Newvillager, Stealing Sheep, Trevor & Hannah, Vessels, Visions Of Trees. £6 early bird, 7pm.
Free Festival Wrap Party with Frankie & The Heartstrings at Mojo – Sunday November 13.
Ticket details here.