Getintothis presents the top tracks and singles which have blitzed our jukebox in 2011.
It should come as little surprise to regular readers/Twitter followers of Getintothis that our hometown bros, Outfit, have topped this year’s top tracks.
Yet in a year brimming with belters, the Merseysiders deserve all the plaudits for a debut release which is both expertly crafted, bravely ambitious and contains the hook of the year – that it’s a bleak introspective take on isolation yet induces lunatic crowd-surfing makes it all the better.
Oh, and it’s worth perhaps one more time reminding, that Getintothis‘ named the track too.
Joining them are several key Liverpool musicians, too – and this ain’t no slap on the back, tokenistic gesture – these are sure-fire winners deserved of sitting alongside the more familiar names on the list. Salutations to them all.
1. Outfit: Two Islands
2. Azealia Banks feat Lazy Jay: 212
3. Friends: I’m His Girl
4. Bon Iver: Beth/Rest
5. Rihanna: We Found Love
6. Loved Ones: Are You Hiding Out In Hell?
7. Joe Goddard feat Valencia: Gabriel
8. Ford and Lopatin: The Voices
9. The Juan Maclean: Deviant Device
10. Kurt Vile: Society Is My Friend
11. Moholy-Nagy: Brute Neighbors
12. Grails: I Led Three Lives
13. Voo: Songs We Used To Dance To
14. White Denim: Bess Street
15. Dog Is Dead: Glockenspiel Song
16. Cass McCombs: The Living Word
17. M83: Midnight City
18. Girls: Die
19. TV On The Radio: Caffeinated Consciousness
20. Moon Duo: When You Cut
21. Lykke Li: Get Some
22. The Phoenix Foundation: Buffalo
23. Little Dragon: Ritual Union
24. Lucky Beaches: Jenny Mo
25. Battles: Ice Cream
Getintothis speaks to Outfit.
Getintothis on Lucky Beaches.
Getintothis on Friends.
Getintothis on Moholy Nagy