The Great Escape have announced a series of London shows to celebrate the first fifty artists for 2017’s festival, Getintothis‘ Jake Marley offers a snapshot of how the lineup looks so far.
Organisers of The Great Escape have announced an exclusive series of shows across three days in East London this November to celebrate the first fifty artists announced for 2017’s festival.
The 50 artists playing under the banner First Fifty at iconic London venues such as The Old Blue Last and The Courtyard Theatre will offer a glimpse of the hottest new talent around, all of which will also play The Great Escape Festival in May 2017.
First Fifty continues The Great Escape‘s vision to unearth, promote and soundtrack the future, boss of Great Escape operator Mama Festivals, Rory Bett reckons, “Over the last eleven years, The Great Escape has been providing the soundtrack to our future with over 3750 artists showcasing in Brighton” Bett says, “No other festival launches in this way with ten live gigs…this is just the start.”
Artists playing across First Fifty this November include Dundee’s innovative teenage sensation Be Charlotte, Brighton throb-rockers Marthagunn, and idiosyncratic Manchester fivesome Cabbage. Thrashing ante-uppers Eat Fast and PNKSLM’s Swedish lo-fi revelation Shitkid are also set to make an appearance, alongside forward-facing experimental R&B visionary Miles from Kinshasa, and throbbing post-punk anthem makers Abattoir Blues. Canadian textured dreampopper Hannah Georgas rounds out the lineup with IDER, comprised of drifting pop-tronica duo Megan Marwick and Lily Somerville.
Organisers will be announcing a further nineteen artists to play across these shows closer to the date, Getintothis will update you accordingly with further announcements to the First Fifty line-up.
In addition The Great Escape will announce their full 2017 line-up as normal in the new year with over 450 new artists to be revealed, playing across 35 venues in Brighton between May 18-20.
Full listings for The Great Escape‘s First Fifty shows across London, November 22-24:
- November 22: Hoxton Square Bar & Kitchen, London: Hannah Georgas, Klangstof, Nilufer Yanya
- November 22: The Old Blue Last, London: The Age of L.U.N.A., Ray BLK, Miles from Kinshasa
- November 22: KAMIO, London: James Hersey, Plaitum, IDER
- November 23: KAMIO, London: Tigertown, Fil Bo Riva, Matt Maeson, Marthagunn
- November 23: The Old Blue Last, London: POTE (Live), Shitkid, Gothic Tropic
- November 23: Hoxton Square Bar & Kitchen, London: Jameszoo, Sarathy, Korwar
- November 23: The Courtyard Theatre, London: Be Charlotte, Shells
- November 24: The Old Blue Last, London: Drones Club, Cabbage, Moses, Saint PHNX
- November 24: Zigfrid Von Underbelly, London: L.A. Salami, Brian Deady, Carys Selvey
- November 24: KAMIO, London: Indigo Husk, Abattoir Blues, Husky Loops, Eat Fast
Tickets for this unique series of shows are priced at £5 per show, you can listen to a playlist showcasing a range of artists playing across The Great Escape First Fifty from November 22-24 below.