In another busy week of music news, Getintothis’ Will Whitby brings you the roundup of our top stories of the week.
Sunday afternoons are for lazily lounging around the house thinking about all the work you don’t want to do on Monday. Put your feet up and stick a film on but first have a read of our new monthly film blog as we celebrate Alice Rohrwacher’s Happy As Lazzaro for our film of the month plus more from the silver screen!
But if films might not be your thing, sink your teeth into some dark ambient with the Getintothis first time buyers guide for Labradford– a band way ahead of their time
Alongside fresh films and fresher loops there has been plenty of exciting music news as The Flaming Lips returned this week with news of a new album and tour as Jenny Lewis has extended her tour entirely due to phenomenal demand.
More so, he’s making room for the reissue of a trio of classic albums from Doves– can’t wait for their return in the summer.
As ever, we’re always looking for new writers and photographers to join our team, do feel free to drop us a message if you fancy joining the team.
Let’s get this party started as we bring you the top stories of the week on Getintothis.
Getintothis most read stories of the week:
- Greetings from Stourbridge: A Black Country Top 10
- Aziz Ibrahim talks Unfinished Monkey Business ahead of his gig at the Unitarian Church
- Primal Scream go Maximum Rock ‘N’ Roll with Greatest Hits album plus warm up shows
- Liverpool Sound City 2019 venue guide and stage plan – exclusive
- Derry Girls: the ultimate soundtrack of the 90’s
Getintothis top five most-read gigs of the week
- John Head: Studio 2 Parr Street, Liverpool
- Idlewild,Blackaby: Grand Central Hall, Liverpool
- Fat White Family: Jacaranda Phase One, Liverpool
- Monks, The Sway, Cascaders: Arts Club, Liverpool
- Cabbage, Afghan Sand Gang, RongoRongo: Arts Club, Liverpool