Nick Cave lines up a UK tour with a difference, Getintothis’ Rick Leach on what promises to be something rather special.
Cave has never been one to shy away from new challenges, and his recent sold-out tour of Australia and New Zealand showed him in a new light, strengthening an already deep bond between the performer and his audience.
In a set of shows like no other, Cave appeared for a series of evenings of music and open discussion, taking questions from the audience on all manner of subjects and performing some of his most beloved songs on piano.
Following the shows in Australia and New Zealand, Cave won extraordinary plaudits from the critics who called the Conversations shows ‘bold, thrilling and gripping’.
Cave’s performance itself was described as: ‘without bombast and mythos… here we have him unfiltered, unedited… in a human state without the guise of stardom in full-force.’
He is now bringing his unique conversations events to Europe and the UK including a date at Liverpool’s Eventim Olympia in June.
The deepening of Cave’s relationship with his audience during his last tour with the Bad Seeds inspired him to these dream up the unconventional and unique evenings of unfiltered, unscripted and unmoderated Q&A.
He describes the shows as ‘an exercise in connectivity’.
Cave promises that no subject will be is sacred and he wants audiences to be bold and challenging, confrontational and unafraid.
He said: “I thought that a direct conversation with the audience might be valuable – in the recent live shows we have all shown a kind of willingness to open up.”
- Nick Cave plays Liverpool Eventim Olympia on June 26.
Nick Cave Conversations full UK dates:
- June 15: Wales Millennium Centre, Cardiff
- June 17 : Symphony Hall, Birmingham
- June 19 : The Barbican, London
- June 20: The Bridgewater Hall, Manchester
- June 22: Usher Hall Edinburgh, Edinburgh
- June 23: Sage One, Sage Gateshead, Gateshead
- June 25: Royal Concert Hall, Nottingham, UK
- June 26: Eventim Olympia, Liverpool
- June 28: Brighton Dome Concert Hall, Brighton
- Tickets for Nick Cave’s Conversations shows will be on sale Thursday February 21 at 9am.