Officially released tomorrow, Ali Horn is back with new single Modern Voodoo, Getintothis’ Simon Kirk on a swirling traipse through contemporary psychedelia.
Perhaps more prominently known to most as the former lead guitarist in Strange Collective, Ali Horn is back in a solo capacity with a new track and UK tour.
Modern Voodoo is a swirling traipse through a psychedelia wonderland with a beautiful dose of pure pop thrown in for good measure.
It’s a track to genuinely get lost in. Speaking frankly, it feels like the best track to come out of Liverpool this year and we’re hoping for more of the same perhaps in the way of a new album to follow.
Lyrics such as “I wanna talk about the past, future is nothing, if the present don’t last.” and “Nothing is real when time moves this fast” are brilliant slices of gold dust indicative of our current times.
Speaking of his new single, Horn says: “Nowadays I think people (including myself) have forgotten what life is really about.
“We’re force-fed consumer fetishism and the full brightness glare of a phone screen has replaced real eye contact.
“We’re distracted by transient pleasures and it seems that climbing a social ladder where nobody has even met has become more important than family.
“I’m disgusted by it and I’m part of it. That’s Modern Voodoo. But… There’s a way out.”
Released officially tomorrow, below is a premier of Modern Voodoo along with the single’s swirling artwork.
Ali Horn tour dates:
- Friday May 3 to Sunday May 5: Sound City, Liverpool
- Wednesday May 8: The Old Blue Last, London
- Tuesday May 21: Oporto, Leeds
- Wednesday May 22: 81 Renshaw, Liverpool
- Thursday May 23: Cobalt Studios, Newcastle
- Saturday May 25: Retro, Manchester
- Tuesday May 28: The Wheatsheaf, Oxford
- Wednesday May 29: The Sunflower Lounge, Birmingham
- Thursday May 30: The Chameleon, Nottingham