As Glastonbury weekend draws to a close, Getintothis’ Max Richardson rounds up another sensational weekend of stories and gigs.
Afternoon all, hope all is well.
It’s been yet another frantic week on Getintothis, as full as ever with some top quality music news, gigs and new releases.
Of course – it’s Glastonbury weekend, which I’ve been keeping up with courtesy of BBC red button coverage.
It’s been a seriously top notch event this year, with some great artists producing some truly memorable performances that will no doubt be talked about for years to come.
Stormzy’s headline set on Friday night was frankly blistering, and proved that he was well and truly worthy of the honour of headlining such a prestigious festival.
Elsewhere at the festival, I thought Two Door Cinema Club were top quality, with a really tight set full of their signature catchy tunes, no doubt getting folks up and down the nation singing along in no time.
Who were your picks – let us know on Twitter.
In other news this week, we’ve seen the release of Danny Boyle’s latest film Yesterday, a tribute to The Beatles with many scenes filmed across Liverpool.
The film has the great combination of Danny Boyle and writer Richard Curtis, which coupled with the main duo of Himesh Patel and Lily James should turn out to be a wholly enjoyable, lighthearted film.
The film centres around a struggling singer-songwriter, who is hit by a bus only to discover that he is the only person who can remember the music of The Beatles, and then decides to perform the music as his own.
Anyway, without any further ado – here’s the Getintothis top five stories and gigs of the week.
Getintothis’ most-read stories of the week:
- Who is Roy? And what does he want?
- David Bob Picken,bass player for Bill Ryder-Jones, She Drew The Gun dies
- Shack’s HMS Fable at 20: a folklore masterpiece
- Albums of the year so far – Getintothis’ top 25 staff picks for 2019
- Chinatown Slalom: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?
Getintothis’ top five most-read gigs of the week:
- Nick Cave: Olympia, Liverpool – conversations with Nick Cave review
- Africa Oyé 2019: review, gallery and what we learned from Sefton Park
- Blossoms, The Coral, Cabbage, The Blinders, Fuzzy Sun: Edgeley Park, Stockport
- Liam Gallagher to play M&S Bank Arena on UK tour – plus listen to new track The River
- Black Midi, Rattle: Phase One, Liverpool