Bon Iver have announced the details of upcoming European tour dates in support of latest release i,i – here’s Getintothis’ Max Richardson with the details.
Bon Iver’s i,i is up there with the top albums released so far this year for many people, this writer included.
As such, fans will be looking forward to catching Bon Iver, including the sensational Justin Vernon, at a series of UK tour dates throughout 2020, including a stop at Manchester Arena.
i,i, the successor to 2016’s 22, A Million, was released on the world earlier this year through Jagjaguwar and continues the trajectory of i,i by fusing the glitchy, electronic elements of Bon Iver’s previous record with the more indie-based style of their earlier records.
The upcoming tour will be fans’ first chance to catch the new live show for i,i, which will no doubt be an utter treat for both the eyes and for the ears.
Spanning from mid-April to early May, the upcoming tour will see Bon Iver perform throughout mainland Europe, before a few dates in the UK which are topped off by a date in Dublin.
Supporting Bon Iver, fans will get the chance to catch Aaron Dessner’s Big 37d03d Machine, with The National’s man performing in a new style in what has to be one of the more confusing name for acts, sounding more like a WiFi network than a group.
i,i will no doubt work brilliantly in a live setting, and this tour is set to give fans numerous opportunities to catch Bon Iver’s new live show in grandiose settings.
Catch Bon Iver at:
- April 15 – Lisbon, Altice Arena
- April 16 – Madrid, WiZink Center
- Aprli 17 – Barcelona, Palau Sant Jordi
- April 20 – Berlin, Mercedes-Benz Arena
- April 23 – Antwerp, Sportpaleis
- April 24 – Amsterdam, Ziggo Dome
- April 26 – London, SSE Arena Wembley
- April 27 – Birmingham, Arena Birmingham
- April 29 – Leeds, First Direct Arena
- April 30 – Manchester, Manchester Arena
- May 1 – Glasgow, The SSE Hydro
- May 3 – Dublin, 3Arena