Federal Agent Jack Bauer, or rather actor Kiefer Sutherland, is set to tour the UK with his band and Getintothis’ Rick Leach has gone deep cover for the details.
Kiefer Sutherland has announced that he will be returning to the UK early in 2020 for a string of UK dates including a gig at Liverpool’s O2 Academy.
Actor turned performer Sutherland has proved that his love affair with music is no short fling, having released two albums and played widely across the UK and Europe, including taking the stage at Glastonbury.
Sutherland’s second album, the 10-song Reckless & Me, arrived earlier this year on a wave of praise and a deluxe edition of the album is available now via BMG.
Reckless & Me Special Edition includes the original album along with a bonus disc featuring Sutherland’s full concert in Berlin. Recorded on March 1, 2019 at SchwuZ in Germany, the live disc captures an energetic and dynamically-tight set from Kiefer and his band.
Reckless & Me delivers Sutherland’s Americana and country rock-infused songwriting style and highlights his gift of soulful storytelling.
On the bonus disc, Live In Berlin, Sutherland gets to dive deeper into storytelling and reveals some personal anecdotes behind the songs: “We’ve played so many shows over the past five years, to have one of them recorded so that fans who couldn’t make a show because we didn’t play in their particular town or city, is very special to me. I hope you enjoy listening to it as much as we enjoyed playing it”.
Reckless & Me holds beautifully arranged ballads and authentic country rockers such as the album’s lead single, Open Road, This Is How It’s Done and Something You Love – all delivered with Sutherland’s distinctive, whiskey-soaked and gravel-laced voice.
Produced by Jude Cole, Reckless & Me marks the follow up to Sutherland’s critically acclaimed 2016 debut album, Down In A Hole.
Track list for Reckless & Me Special Edition:
- Open Road
- Something You Love
- Faded Pair of Blue Jeans
- Reckless & Me
- Blame It on Your Heart
- This Is How It’s Done
- Run to Him
- Song for a Daughter
- Can’t Stay Away [Live In Berlin]
- Something You Love [Live In Berlin]
- Reckless & Me [Live In Berlin]
- Faded Pair of Blue Jeans [Live In Berlin]
- Open Road [Live In Berlin]
- Blame It on Your Heart [Live In Berlin]
- Saskatchewan [Live In Berlin]
- Not Enough Whiskey [Live In Berlin]
- This Is How It’s Done [Live In Berlin]
- Honey Bee [Live In Berlin]- Tom Petty cover
If you even think of missing these shows there’s only really one response. As Jack would say (over and over again)…”damn it.”
Full tour dates are:
- October 21: Birmingham, O2 Institute
- October 22: London, O2 Shepherds Bush Empire
- February 19: Ipswich, Corn Exchange
- February 21: Brighton, The Haunt
- February 22: Blackburn, King George’s Hall
- February 23: Nottingham, Rock City
- February 25: Sheffield, Leadmill
- February 26: Cambridge, Junction
- February 27: Liverpool, O2 Academy
- February 29: Dublin, Academy
- March 1: Leeds, Stylus
- March 2: Oxford, O2 Academy