February is in full-swing and this week there are a swathe of young bands arriving on Merseyside, Getintothis’ Simon Kirk has the details.
Sunday Funday. Or not.
We hope you’ve had a good weekend so far and that the impending Monday blues are being kept at bay.
There’s a bit going on this week.
While we will say the week seems a bit guitar-heavy, there are always alternatives and we may have found the perfect solution for you.
Yes, this week marks the launch of our new Getintothis Social night at District on Thursday from 7pm. We do very much hope to see you there. It’s a FREE event and a night that doesn’t take itself too seriously, with quizzes, DJs and plenty of live music on offer.
So come and join the fun. All relevant details are within.
Enjoy your week and below are the pick of this week’s action.
APRE: Phase One, Monday February 17
The band arrives on Merseyside on the back of their latest single, Your Heart’s Like A Jungle, which was released in January.
Junior Brother: Studio2 Parr Street, Wednesday February 19
Irish Album of the Year nominee, Junior Brother, is set to play Studio 2 Parr Street.
The Kerry born folkster tours in support of his debut album, Pull the Right Rope, which was released in May last year. Good coup from Harvest Sun Promotions, right here.
The Tosin Trio: Sound Food and Drink, Thursday February 20
The Tosin Trio returns in what looks to be a good night shaping up at Sound Food and Drink.
The trio’s drawn-out blues rock hybrid completed bowled us over at Threshold last year and those lucky enough to be attending this are certainly in for a treat.
Getintothis Social featuring Motel Sundown, Douglas Savage and more: District, Thursday, February 20
We launch our first Getintothis Social, which kicks off from 7pm at District this Thursday. There are bands, spoken-word, quizzes and DJs which will make up what we hope to be a fun night for all.
For full details hit up our preview. And yes, you read correctly. It’s FREE! See you there.
Rats: The Invisible Wind Factory, Friday February 21
Having appeared on Soccer AM earlier this year, there is much hype surrounding local rockers, Rats.
Given the fact they are playing a venue the size of the Invisible Wind Factory is an indication that it will be some year for the indie four-piece. Tickets going fast for this one so grab ’em if you haven’t already done so.
DIIV: The Invisible Wind Factory, Saturday February 22
New York shoegazers, DIIV are set to blow the roof off the Invisible Wind Factory this Saturday night.
While the band has had its ups and downs over the years, DIIV‘s latest LP, Deceiver, is a bit of a winner we think, and live it should sound equally good. There’s probably no better place to be on Saturday night.
The best of the rest this week:
- King Nun: Sound Basement, Tuesday February 18
- Lighthouse Family: Philharmonic Hall, Tuesday February 18
- Gill Landry: The Philarmonic Music Room, Tuesday February 18
- Mellowtone presents Serious Sam Barrett, Charlie McKeon: Studio 2 Parr Street: Thursday February 20
- The Script: M&S Bank Arena, Thursday February 20
- Dry Cleaning: The Shipping Forecast, Friday February 21
- The Young Hearts & Gold Bloom: The Jacaranda, Friday February 21
- Arcadians: Sound Food and Drink, Friday February 21
- Skia single release party: Kazimier Stockroom, Friday February 21
- The Detour presents Vladimir Ivkovic and Apiento: Best Before, Saturday February 22
- Denio single release party: Kazimier Stockroom, Saturday February 22
- Spilt Milk Society plus guests: Phase One, Saturday February 22
- Husband Material plus guests: EBGB’s, Saturday February 22
- Melé presents Club Bad – Elliot Adamson + Matrefakt: 24 Kitchen Street, Saturday February 22
- Example: The Invisible Wind Factory, Saturday February 22
- Habits & No War: The Jacaranda, Sunday February 23