While there’s plenty happening around the traps non-music wise, the show must go on and Getintothis’ Simon Kirk has this week’s gig details.
We’ll try not to mention the C-word here.
From the vaults of GIT, we’re pleased to announce that we’re virus-free and we’re all working from remote locations and taking the relevant safeguarding measures.
Suffice to say, we implore everyone to stay frosty out there. Not that we try to engage in hyperbole (Babybird excluded) however this shit is real, so again, we wish everyone well.
Onto gigs and although the early part of the week is dominated by St Patricks Day celebrations (for now), from Wednesday onwards there are a few nice little gigs around the traps.
While Warmduscher’s appearance at Phase One looks to be this week’s top pick, it would be remiss of us not to mention our Getintothis Social at District this Thursday night.
The FREE event involves plenty of laughs, including live music, spoken word, quizzes and DJs.
Do come down and see what it’s about. It’s a night that we plan to keep evolving so we hope to see some familiar faces from our February launch as well as some new ones, too.
Whatever your plans are, enjoy your week and hopefully see you all on Thursday at the Social.
This week’s top picks.
Dutch Criminal Record: The Jacaranda, Thursday March 19
Portsmouth surf-rock outfit, Dutch Criminal Record, bring their “southern summery” vibes to Sound Basement.
With a band moniker like this, it can’t be anything other than decent, surely? DCR tour in support of their latest single, Vinnetrow Road, which was released in November last year.
Getintothis Social #2 featuring COW, Bandit and more: District, Thursday, March 20
Our second instalment of the Getintothis Social returns to District this Thursday.
Joining our house band, Coffee Shop John and the Silver Spoons will be the venerable riff inspired COW, up and coming garage-rock four-piece Bandit, with spoken word provided by Louise Evans. Don’t forget PG’s Tremendous Quiz, either.
For full details have a read of our preview.
Last by not least, this is a FREE event. We’ll see you there!
Satin Beige: Jimmy’s, Friday March 20
R&B cellist and singer-songwriter, Satin Beige, hits up Jimmy‘s on Friday night for some cello infused soulful R and B.
Satin is currently recording her new EP scheduled for release later this year. Support on the night comes from KingFast.
Warmduscher: Phase One, Saturday March 21
That pesky south London dwellers, Warmduscher, don’t know how to stay away from these parts. We’re not complaining. Not one bit.
The band return to Liverpool in support of their 2019 release, Tainted Lunch. Gig of the week right here and we’re told that it’s sold out. Drifters beware.
What else is on this week:
- Real Lies: The Shipping Forecast, Wednesday March 18
- Gallia, Leaone, DOLL, Malaika Kazi: The Zanzibar, Wednesday March 18
- Regan Reay: The Jacaranda, Wednesday March 18
- Holy Youth Movement, The Shimmer Band: The Zanzibar, Thursday March 19
- Peter Case & Sid Griffin: 81 Renshaw, Thursday March 19
- SILENT-K, Resonator Force, David Silcock: The Baltic Social, Friday March 20
- Stanleys: Sound Basement, Friday March 20
- The Pentatonic presents Ryan Jarvis: EBGBs, Friday March 20
- The Detour presents Black Bones: The Zanzibar, Friday March 20
- Big Condo presents Vivid 4: Folk (The Kolbox), Friday March 20
- From Inside single launch: The Zanzibar, Friday March 20
- YIKES: The Jacaranda, Friday March 20
- The Wonder Pot: Henrik Schwarz (Live): 24 Kitchen Street, Friday March 20
- Haggard Cat: Sound Basement, Saturday March 21
- Skinner’s Lane, Gold Beach, Hollows, Cult Icon: EBGBS, Saturday March 21
- Reclaim Vienna: The Zanzibar, Saturday March 21
- Club Bad with Melé, O’Flynn & Ross Robertson: 24 Kitchen Street, Saturday March 21
- Parrjazz presents Django Renaisance: MaBoyles, Saturday March 21
- Karen Boggiano: A Bed of Daffodil Sky book launch: 81 Renshaw, Saturday March 21