As the skies outside alternate between gorgeous sun and dreary grey, Getintothis’ Max Richardson rounds up the happenings of the week on the site.
It’s been yet another busy week of gigs, new music and opinion pieces here on Getintothis, with some top quality new releases seeing the light of day this week.
The new season football returns to the calendars, we’ve been treated to the new Bon Iver album, which is utterly sensational.
Following 2016’s 22, A Million, Bon Iver’s latest effort i,i continues down the trajectory of experimental, soundscape-y electronica with indie undertones, and is just superb.
This writer had the pleasure of attending the sensational performance from iconic punk legends Dead Kennedys over at Liverpool’s Hangar 34, which was no-doubt one of the most energetic gigs of the week, proving the group still well and truly pack a punch.
A few days later, one of the support acts from the Dead Kennedys gig Vile Assembly gave us the pleasure of their company over at our latest Deep Cuts event over at Jacaranda Records Phase One – which was another boss night for all involved.
Have you been listening to any particular music alongside the backdrop of the August Premier League fixtures?
If you’ve got any particular recommendations – do let us know in the comments, we’re always on the lookout for new listens.
And so, without further ado – here’s the top five most-read stories and gigs of the week here on Getintothis.
Getintothis’ top five most-read stories of the week:
- Jimmy’s Liverpool – how the Cabin became the city’s newest rock and roll venue
- Liverpool Arts Bar launches on Hope Street- a new and inclusive place to meet
- Albums Club #39: Sacred Paws, Bill Ryder-Jones, Slowthai, No Hot Ashes, Black Pumas, Thom Yorke
- Mamatung release video for new single Border Barrier – exclusive premiere
- Bill Drummond brings new film and book to Liverpool plus win tickets for screening at FACT
Getintothis’ top five most-read gigs of the week:
- Rebellion 2019: review, gallery, best bands and what we learned from Blackpool
- The Blinders, Satyr Play, Déjà Vega, The Dantevilles: Jimmy’s, Liverpool
- Dead Kennedys, Catholic Action, Vile Assembly: Hangar 34, Liverpool
- Man and The Echo, Niki Kand: Phase One, Liverpool
- The Coral, Marvin Powell: Jimmy’s, Liverpool