With his first album just hot off the press and a gig at Jacaranda’s Phase One on the horizon, Pizzagirl answers 13 Questions for Getintothis.
Pizzagirl is a busy guy.
With debut album First Timer fresh out of the blocks and a tour about to start, 2019 is shaping up to be a transitional year for the artist otherwise known as Liam Brown.
Described in these very pages as a one man band of joviality, sunshine and pizza-based merchandise, Pizzagirl plays music that mixes a daydreaming blissfulness and some sullen lyrics.
These are matched by a more than upbeat tempo and some impressive DJ/keyboard skills, which keeps everything feeling light and enjoyable.
Lyrically, his songs are part autobiography, part flights of fancy and are delivered with wit and style that always raises a smile.
Ahead of his tour, Pizzagirl found the time to answer 13 Questions for the good folk at Getintothis. Read on to hear more about being born, worst gigs and seeing Shia LaBeouf.
1. Where are you and what are you doing – and how is that working out
“I’m in my room on my bed and I think it’s working out okay, I could be doing it wrong but how would I know?”
2. Can you cook – and what’s your favourite meal?
“Oh yeah I can cook, I make a nice poached egg actually fyi.”
3. What is the last gig you went to?
“I think it was sir Brad Stank at Night and Day in Manchester!!”
4. Recommend one band or album that you think we should check out
“Aseul! She’s a Korean electro pop diva that sings on my first album!”
5. What is the worst gig you’ve ever done?
“Leeds Festival, my computer betrayed me.”
6. What’s your first memory?
“Being born, such a wet’n wild ride! Thrilling.”
7. Who is the worst ‘celebrity’ you’ve met?
“I saw Shia LaBeouf in real life, that’s about it, wasn’t even bad.”
8. Tell us a secret
“I’m not a girl :/”
9. What’s the best night out you’ve ever had?
“I got the last train home once, no big deal!”
10. When was the last time you laughed until you cried?
“When I watched Titanic, just kidding, I just cried.”
11. What is your favourite view?
“Full battery on my phone :p”
12. When did you last shout at the TV?
“I can’t remember what we argued about, but I was pretty mad.”
13. Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions. Is there anything else you’d like to say?
Full tour dates are;
October 14 – Rough Trade, Bristol (in-store)
October 15 – Rough Trade, Nottingham (in-store)
November 26 – The Shacklewell Arms, London
November 27 – Yes (Basement), Manchester
November 28 – Phase One, Liverpool