Bilge Pump are back with their first album in eleven years, they’re bringing it to Drop the Dumbulls and Getintothis’ Simon Kirk has the details.
Leeds three-piece, Bilge Pump, are coming to town this Saturday for a show at Drop the Dumbulls on the back of their brand new album, We Love You.
Released last Friday on Gringo Records, We Love You is the Leeds stalwarts’ first long-player in eleven years. Busting with DIY spirit, Bilge Pump‘s latest conception is definitely one for all of you post-hardcore diehards out there.
We Love You is a goulash of your most messed-up juke-box jams not limited to psychedelia, Krautrock and post-hardcore.
Think of a pub brawl involving Public Image Ltd and Big Black while the Butthole Surfers look on from the other end of the alehouse with a various concoction of chemical refreshments scattered across the bar and you wouldn’t be too far off the mark.
The drum patterns are built on a free-jazz complexity. The guitars and bass are reminiscent of something recorded by Steve Albini, while lyrically, it’s Bilge Pump provide us with a commentary of the modern times in Northern Britain. What more is there to like?
This one’s not to be missed.
Bilge Pump tour dates:
- February 20 – Delicious Clam, Sheffield
- February 21 – Blue Moon, Cambridge
- February 22 – Marts Brewhouse, Stoke
- February 23 – Drop The Dumbulls, Liverpool
- March 1 – The Maze, Nottingham
- March 2 – Brudenell, Leeds
- March 16 – Saltburn Arms, Saltburn
- April 3 – Fulford Arms, York
- April 5 – South Street Arts, Reading
- April 6 – Soup Kitchen, Manchester