The top stories of an eventful week are delivered by Getintothis’ Max Richardson plus a round up of the hottest live happenings.
It’s been some week. We’re currently hooked on the magnificent Red Dead Redemption 2, which has got me feeling like the slickest cowboy in the old wild west. If only…
This week also saw us managing to cross a film off our long list of ones to watch, Kubrick‘s 2001: A Space Odyssey – we’ve been meaning to watch it for ages, it’s quite the film.
Now on this sunny Spring Sunday afternoon our head’s been swimming with thoughts of monoliths and star babies.
Elsewhere, a large portion of this writer’s week has also been spent battling with a Rachmaninoff prelude on the piano, which is a gorgeous piece but an absolute pain to play.
It is safe to say Rachmaninoff’s hands were quite a bit bigger than mine.
And without further ado, it’s our pleasure to show off the week’s top stories on Getintothis.
Getintothis most read stories of the week:
- Her’s – a tribute to Stephen Fitzpatrick and Audun Laading
- Threshold Festival, what we learned, picture gallery and the best bits of the weekend
- Albums Club #35: Fontaines DC, Robert Forster, A Man Called Adam, Julia Jacklin
- Liverpool Sound City 2019 ones to watch – best international acts at this year’s festival – part three
- Paul Thomas Anderson: a viewer’s guide to the greatest filmmaker of a generation
Getintothis top five most-read gigs of the week:
- The Zutons, The Fernweh, Peach Fuzz: Eventim Olympia, Liverpool
- 6 Music Festival: Julian Cope, Pigs x7, Clinic, Julia Jacklin: Camp and Furnace, Liverpool
- 6 Music Festival: The Coral, BC Camplight, Skinny Pelembe, The Comet is Coming: Camp and Furnace, Liverpool.
- 6 Music Festival: The Good The Bad & The Queen, Villagers, Stealing Sheep, IDLES: Eventim Olympia, Liverpool
- 6 Music Festival: Anna Calvi, Marika Hackman, Bodega, She Drew The Gun: Eventim Olympia, Liverpool