As another week is ushered off into the history books, here’s Getintothis’ Max Richardson with the roundup of the top stories of the week.
Well, at least the sun’s out!
Of course, you all know what I’m on about – in the unlikely event you haven’t noticed, we’re all stuck at home.
This writer has been using the time to catch up with a lot of albums, including some new releases alongside older gems that have been neglected for a little too long.
Daft Punk’s Discovery has been on heavy rotation this week, and what a record that is.
That’s one of the few records that really should appeal to most listeners, with elements of pop and even rock infused among the signature electro mayhem of Daft Punk.
Another record that’s been spun for this writer lately is The Stone Roses’ legendary self-titled record, an old favourite.
It’s been a while since it’s been given a full listen from start to finish, but what an experience that is. The pacing of that album is second-to-none, with every song managing to arrive as a perfect compliment to the previous track.
Have you been listening to, or watching anything interesting this week? If so, we’d love to hear about it – feel free to let us know how you’ve been passing the time in the comments below.
And as ever, here’s a reminder that we’re always on the lookout for more writers and photographers. If contributing to Getintothis is something that’d interest you, drop us a message on any social media platform.
Anyway, let’s crack on with what we’re all here for, the Getintothis Top Five:
Getintothis’ top five most-read stories of the week:
- One good song – the HUGE bands with just ONE decent track
- A virtual pub crawl around liverpool and some home delivery recommendations
- Iggy Pop at Eric’s, a personal reflection on the anniversary of an incredible gig
- Getintothis LIVE: watch Liverpool music and culture debate chat show three times a week – full schedule, listings and guests
- Elliott Smith’s Figure 8 album 20th anniversary: more questions than answers
Getintothis’ top five most-read pieces about live events or new music:
- Samurai Kip bassist Jamie Lindberg launches The Quarantine Collaborative
- LIMF 2020 cancelled due to coronarivus
- Bluedot festival postponed until 2021 with headliners Bjork, Metronomy and Groove Armada
- Singles Club #234: Oh Wonder, Tom Misch, Wolf Parade
- Tri Angle Records shuts down after ten years – 10 defining moments in the label’s history