At the climax of yet another week, Getintothis’ Max Richardson brings you the roundup of the top stories and gigs of the week.
Well, that’s certainly a week that’ll be going down in the history books.
With the turbulence of UK politics in the pantomime that is the Commons at the moment, and the disappointing performance by England in the third test of The Ashes – it’s a good thing we’ve got some top new releases to cheer us up.
This writer is once again obsessed with the utterly sensational Dogrel by Fontaines D.C., quite easily sitting among the best releases of the year so far.
It’s one of those albums which is impossible to switch off once you’ve started listening, and is currently well and truly lodged on repeat for this writer.
Elsewhere this week, the international break has unfortunately for many taken club football off the radar – however at least we still have The Ashes and the Italian Grand Prix to satiate our competitive sides.
In other news, hype is absolutely building for the upcoming release of Joker, which is drawing positive early reviews.
Yet another comic book film, it’ll be certainly interesting to see what DC Comics decide to do following a string of films garnering a lukewarm reception at best.
Have you got any upcoming albums or films you’re looking forward to? If so – feel free to drop us a message, we’d love to hear your recommendations.
And so, without further ado – here’s the top five stories and gigs of the week.
Getintothis’ top five most-read stories of the week:
- Leaf on Smithdown Road in Liverpool to open in September – exclusive
- Ten Streets Market: warehouse transformed as mother and daughter create vintage creative hangout
- The Kids are alt-right: don’t put your life in the hands of a rock and roll band
- Deep Cuts #31 The Letrasets, LUTE, San Pedro’s Vision, Pixey – best new tracks September 2019
- Albums Club #40: Murder Capital, Whitney, Ride, Blanck Mass, Slipknot, Pixies
Getintothis’ top five most-read gigs of the week:
- Fusion presents: Kings Of Leon, Franz Ferdinand, Echo And The Bunnymen, Circa Waves
- Skeleton Coast 2019 review, photo gallery, best bands and what we learnt from Leasowe Castle
- Tony Butler Tribute with Hegarty, Takotsubo Men, Enamel Animal, The Bohos, The Merchants and Adam Jay: District, Liverpool
- Death Blooms, The Five Hundred, Oceanis: Zanzibar, Liverpool
- Bingley Weekender 2019, review, gallery, best bands and what we learned from Yorkshire