As the sunny skies of last week have turned to a dreary grey, Getintothis’ Max Richardson rounds up the week here on Getintothis.
Well it’s been yet another busy week here on Getintothis, with some top quality new music releases and some excellent gigs we’ve been lucky enough to cover.
I’ve spent the majority of my week as a music fan catching up with the best sets of Glastonbury at BBC iPlayer (having not been one of the lucky attendees!) – safe to say it’s been a fantastic year for the festival this year.
With such a diverse bill of acts performing over the weekend, there really has been something for everyone, and it’s a real testament to the Eavis’ ability to give the people what they want, and to the prestige held by Glastonbury as a festival.
Elsewhere this week, I’ve been trying to catch up with a few albums that I’ve been meaning to give a spin for a couple of weeks.
The sensational Schlagenheim by Black MIDI is simply excellent, while the latest album by Aldous Harding, Designer is another top quality listen.
This year truly has seen some top quality albums, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed for what the second half of the year should have in store.
Do you have any favourite albums of the year, or any noteworthy Glastonbury performances? If you want to have your say, feel free to drop a comment!
And so without further ado, here’s the Getintothis top five stories and gigs of the week:
Getintothis’ top five most-read stories of the week:
- Rebellion Festival 2019 – nine ones to watch in Blackpool
- Glastonbury Festival 2019 review, best bands and what we learnt from Worthy Farm
- Sound Food and Drink on Duke Street issues warning about future
- Philipe Zdar of Cassius: a personal tribute to a creative genius and visionary
- What next for music in 2019: Getintothis staff select their culture picks for the rest of the year
Getintothis’ top five most-read gigs of the week:
- The Eagles: M&S Bank Arena, Liverpool
- The Love band featuring Johnny Echols, Elk, Edgar Jones: Grand Central Hall, Liverpool
- Nick Cave: Olympia, Liverpool – conversations with Nick Cave review
- Gladys Knight: M&S Bank Arena, Liverpool
- The Coral to headline Jimmy’s opening night in August- exclusive