As another week draws to a close, here’s Getintothis’ Max Richardson bringing you a roundup of the last seven days.
In a single week filled with thunderstorms, scorching weather and grey skies, it’s been similarly chaotic here on the site, with a lot to discuss.
The Bluedot festival over at Jodrell Bank last weekend left little to be desired, covering all bases in a smash hit weekend that delivered something for everyone.
Similarly, Birmingham’s Supersonic delivered the knockout blow for the weekend, with some top quality acts on display.
This writer has spent the week soundtracked by the fantastic summery vibes one of the latest releases from Hospital Records, the superb Shadows and Silhouettes by Hugh Hardie – an ideal accompaniment to a summer barbeque or a carefree afternoon in a beer garden.
Elsewhere, the hype is building for the new Tarantino, Once Upon a Time In Hollywood.
With just over two weeks to go until the release of the film, film buffs everywhere are no doubt itching to get a glimpse of the ninth film by Quentin Tarantino, which stars Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt and Margot Robbie.
This week has also seen the release of Chance The Rapper’s The Big Day, the first album by the rapper since 2016’s Coloring Book, alongside many other top quality albums, singles and EPs as we venture further into summer.
Have you got a favourite album or summer track so far from this year? If so, let us know in the comments below!
And so, without any further ado, let’s crack on with Getintothis’ top five stories and gigs of the week:
Getintothis’ top 5 most-read stories of the week:
- PRIDE: 10 years on and still people ask why?
- Foals: Top 10 tracks from a totally distinctive band
- Rebellion Festival 2019 – nine ones to watch in Blackpool
- The Mercury Prize 2019 shortlist revealed featuring Idles, Anna Calvi, Little Simz and Foals
- Jimmy’s Liverpool’s Ben Taylor talks their roots, new site and diversity ahead of opening weekend
Getintothis’ top 5 most-read gigs of the week:
- Bluedot Festival 2019 review, best bands and what we learnt from Jodrell Bank
- Supersonic Festival: review, what we learned and the best bands from Digbeth
- Cream Classical: Sefton Park, Liverpool
- Skepta, DYSTOPIA987: Manchester International Festival, Manchester
- The Wildhearts, The Last Great Dreamers, The Lazys: Grand Central Hall, Liverpool