Lots of festivals and new venues galore in this week’s round-up from Getintothis’ Will Whitby.
Getintothis have been getting their wellies on this week as we’ve been up and down the country getting our fest-on. We’ve been to Kendal Calling and Deer Shed as this writer has been to Truck Festival.
This writer went to Truck and avoided all the rain that washed out the North.
Foals were boss at their Oxford homecoming and be sure to check out our review with the top 9 acts- find your new favourite band, mine was Swimming Girls.
We’re entering the tidal wave of announcements as bands announce big autumn and winter the second they step off their festival stage.
This week we’ve seen tours revealed from South Korea’s Say Sue Me, the twirly and wonky Black Country, New Road and a return to Liverpool for Jonathan Wilson with a special gig via Harvest Sun. Can someone hide my wallet away from me, please?
And of course, for all these shows we’re going to need a roof to play them under. This week has seen history celebrated, new ideas revealed and artistic creative communities strengthened within Liverpool.
The great Florrie in Dingle has revealed plans to celebrate its mighty 130th birthday with a street party later this month with some big acts on the bill- only a tenner to support a Scouse creative icon.
Liverpool Arts Bar also launched this week for a place for creatives to rub shoulders, make connections and put the next big plans in place. An exciting new venture just over the road from the Everyman.
We’re really spoilt for choice in Liverpool aren’t we?
As ever, we’re always looking for new writers and photographers to join our team, do feel free to drop us a message if you fancy joining the team. Be sure to follow our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram feeds for all the latest in news, reviews, hot topics and competitions.
Let’s get this ball rolling as we bring you the top stories of the week on Getintothis.
Getintothis’ top 5 most-read stories of the week
- The Florrie announce 130th anniversary gig
- Liverpool Arts Bar launches on Hope Street– a new and inclusive place to meet
- Jimmy’s had a pre-opening party and Getintothis was there for the fun
- John Mayall interview: “I can’t play a scale but I can play the blues”
- Foals: Top 10 tracks from a totally distinctive band
Getintothis’ top 5 most-read gigs of the week
- Deer Shed Festival 2019 review, best bands and what we learned at Baldersby Park
- The Coral, Marvin Powell: Jimmy’s, Liverpool
- Kendal Calling 2019: review, what we learned and best bands from the Lake District
- Lemonade Fix garden party: Brick Street, Liverpool
- Truck Festival 2019: review, what we learned and 9 best bands from Oxford