An exclusive playlist, festival recommendations, lots of brand new gigs announced and much more as Getintothis’ Will Whitby brings you the roundup of our top stories of the week.
This week at Getintothis we’ve been jamming to all things Transgressive as the good people at Transgressive Records have curated for us (and you of course) an exclusive playlist.
We’ve got our eyes set on the end of the month as Skeleton Coast fest aims to rock Leasowe Castle again for one of Wirral’s biggest festivals. Checkout our guide with our ones to watch featuring Tracky, The Mysterines and Seamonsters.
It’s Reminisce Festival in St Helens soon too and this writer can’t wait to get immersed in the return of the dancefloor bliss of the early 90s.
There has been tonnes of new show announcements this week from Brum’s Cut Glass Kings, Portugal’s 10,000 Russos and the outlandish, iconic and Icelandic queen herself Bjork is back as she brings here incredible Cornucopia to Europe.
But if music isn’t your thing we’ve had our eyes on the silverscreen too as we analysed Pedro Almodovar going all introspective for his 21st feature film, Pain and Glory, starring Antonio Banderas.
It has been a week of rememberence as the life and legacy of legendary Liverpool promoter Tony Butler will be celebrated. The love and respect felt for Tony Butler throughout the Liverpool music scene is huge and still remains as the life of the former Zanzibar owner will be remembered at two nights at District this month
As ever, we’re always looking for new writers and photographers to join our team, do feel free to drop us a message if you fancy joining the team. Be sure to follow our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram feeds for all the latest in news, reviews, hot topics and competitions.
Let’s get this ball rolling as we bring you the top stories of the week on Getintothis.
Getintothis’ top 5 most-read stories of the week
- Tony Butler to be remembered in two massive tribute events this August
- 10 000 Russos reveal Liverpool Phase One date as part of UK tour
- 13 Questions with Tess Parks: “Do you want to be right or do you want to be happy?”
- Skeleton Coast Festival 2019: Six of the best for Leasowe Castle
- Transgressive Records: celebrating 15 years at the top of UK music and listen to exclusive playlist
Getintothis’ top 5 most-read gigs of the week
- Bloodstock Open Air 2019: review, best bands and what we learned from Catton Park
- Deep Cuts September spectacular returns to Phase One with Gintis and gang of four
- Rory Wynne, The Jagz, Bluff: Jimmy’s, Liverpool
- Average Sex, Hannah’s Little Sister, Gen And The Degenerates: Jacaranda Phase One, Liverpool
- FORQ, Sleeping Dragon: Phase One, Liverpool reviewed and chatting about the future of jazz