At the climax of yet another week, Getintothis’ Will Whitby brings you the roundup of the top stories and gigs.
As the music world and Liverpool celebrates 50 years of Abbey Road, we’ve been remembering some other classic albums too. The beauty, transcendence and chaos of The Replacements’ Don’t Tell A Soul thirty years on gets remembered by Mark Walton as Banjo reminisces in One Dove’s Morning Dove White.
This writer’s favourite album Black Sabbath’s Paranoid celebrated its 49th birthday recently- which of your favourite album’s has had an anniversary recently?
Tour news for all ages as Gen-Z teen queen Billie Eilish announces a pair of Manchester shows, electro-overlords Underworld are back for more at Warehouse Project and Michael Head and The Red Elastic Band have penned a massive homecoming show at the Invisible Wind Factory.
If it is new and exciting music you’re after then sink your teeth into psychedelic indie-pop Mr Bens & The Bens in Singles Club, wild NYC punks Wives in Unknown Pleasures and get to know scientific synthwavers Aeronexus in this week’s Introducing.
As ever, we’re always looking for new writers and photographers to join our team, do feel free to drop us a message if you fancy joining the team. Be sure to follow our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram feeds for all the latest in news, reviews, hot topics and competitions.
Let’s get this ball rolling as we bring you the top stories of the week on Getintothis.
Getintothis’ top five most-read stories of the week:
- Red Rum Club interview: “We’ve still got that Tarantino edge”
- Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds announce new album, Ghosteen
- Baltic Triangle St James’ railway station boost – Liverpool businesses on its potential impact to the area
- Vile Assembly’s Paul Mason talks about the amazing rise of his band and taking to the streets in protest
- Scott Walker’s Scott 4 at 50: what relevance today?
Getintothis’ top five most-read gigs of the week:
- Michael Head & the Red Elastic Band announce huge hometown gig
- RATS, FACTORY, The Kairos, Alan Triggs: Arts Club, Liverpool
- Elbow announce UK tour including intimate Liverpool date
- The Racket, Bedside Manners, Kez, Ambedo Blue: Phase One, Liverpool
- Babybird Interview: “I’ve got hundreds of songs waiting to be tarted up.”