At the climax of yet another seven days, Getintothis’ Will Whitby brings you the roundup of the top stories and gigs.
Rain, rain go away come again another day- hasn’t the weather been miserable?
Thankfully the week’s new music has got everyone here at Getintothis HQ warming up. Put your anorak on the hook and sink into some exciting music news and gigs.
With the news of Liverpool City Council announcing they are using the Agent of Change act, venues across the city can take a deep breath as their venues can now be legally protected from premature closure.
To find out what it all means to those on the frontline this writer spoke to venues across the city to get their opinion and thoughts on the future. It’s a big read with lots of opinions and well worth a read.
Sound City 2020 announced their first wave of artists to the Baltic Triangle weekender and we already can’t wait. Manchester goth-poppers Pale Waves and Wirral powerhouse rockers The Mysterines excite us as the first wave revealed over 20 acts on the bill. Roll on May!
There were big shows this week across Merseyside as Irish rockers Inhaler brought the noise to Phase One,
Or if you’d like to reminisce on the classics Joy Division’s Transmission celebrated 40 years this week and Jono Podmore considered why it is one of Manchester’s greatest musical exports.
As ever, we’re always looking for new writers and photographers to join our team, do feel free to drop us a message if you fancy joining the team. Be sure to follow our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram feeds for all the latest in news, reviews, hot topics and competitions.
Let’s get this ball rolling as we bring you the top stories of the week on Getintothis.
Getintothis’ top five most-read stories of the week:
- The Real People take on Liam Gallagher calling Oasis a Realies tribute band
- Mick Head teases New Brighton Rock album tracks
- Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott announce new album and tour, including Liverpool date
- Liverpool music reacts on protecting live venues as new Agent of Change policy looks to be introduced
- Miles Kane to play Zanzibar – plus win tickets to invite only gig
Getintothis’ top five most-read gigs of the week:
- The Peach Fuzz, Saytr Play, Cascaders: Phase One, Liverpool
- Robert Ellis, DoveTales: Jacaranda Phase One, Liverpool
- Ali Horn, San Pedros Vision, The Indica Gallery: 81 Renshaw, Liverpool
- Peter Hook and the Light: Shankly Hotel, Liverpool
- Inhaler, APRE: Arts Club, Liverpool