At the climax of yet another week, Getintothis’ Will Whitby brings you the roundup of the top stories and gigs.
It’s been a week of highs and lows as Birkenhead powerhouse punks Queen Zee announced their split- this writer is gutted, their debut this year is one of the highlights of 2019.
But there was also lots of good news to shake those Autumn blues.
There were big shows this week across Merseyside as Ibibio Sound Machine brought the rhythms to a stunning show at IWF, Pulled Apart By Horses brought the noise to Phase One and Richard Hawley brought some class to Mountford Hall. Fancy a show next week? Dive into the gig guide.
If it is new and exciting music you’re after then sink your teeth into simmering art-punk from Bodega in Singles Club and the angered youth of Peeping Drexels in Unknown Pleasures. We’ve had our say on the immense new Nick Cave album too- check out the review!
Finally, immerse yourself in the Getintothis culture guides as Rick Leach’s Arts Guide showcases the best in art, dance, theatre and culture on Merseyside with tattoo conventions, Japanese drawings and Metallica with an orchestra.
As ever, we’re always looking for new writers and photographers to join our team, do feel free to drop us a message if you fancy joining the team. Be sure to follow our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram feeds for all the latest in news, reviews, hot topics and competitions.
Let’s get this ball rolling as we bring you the top stories and gigs of the week on Getintothis.
Getintothis’ top five most-read stories of the week:
- Queen Zee split up – “it has been the greatest personal journey in our lives so far”
- Liverpool City Council buys Kings Dock for the princely sum of £1
- Caribou to play Invisible Wind Factory plus listen to new track Home – exclusive
- Nick Cave’s Ghosteen review: “The past pulls away and the future begins”
- Carnets, confusion and questions, it’s the Brexit Blues update
Getintothis’ top five most-read gigs of the week:
- Creep Show, Blancmange: Arts Club, Liverpool
- Richard Hawley, Get Cape Wear Cape Fly: Mountford Hall, Liverpool
- Jeff Mills & Andrew Weatherall: Invisible Wind Factory, Liverpool
- OMD Exhibition Launch: BME, Liverpool
- King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard, Stonefield, ORB: O2 Academy, Leeds