At the climax of yet another week, Getintothis’ Will Whitby brings you the roundup of the top stories and gigs.
Gigs, gigs, gigs!
So many good gigs have been announced this week on Getintothis.
Industrial techno punk heads Atari Teenage Riot will play their first-ever Liverpool show.
King Khan and the Shines are back as they return to Phase One for another blast of “a blast of gnarly, fun punk”. As a fusion of taut death disco and industrial groove bursts into the Kaz Stockroom as Jade Hairpins and Nations Unrest set up for Valentines Day love-in.
But wait, there’s more!
Deep Cuts is back on Thursday as London noise duo Scrounge top the bill with Lucy Gaffney, New Mexico, Milo Seabird and The Higherside in support. Tickets are just a fiver from this link https://bit.ly/391Gmf8
The festival season is beginning to rear its head as Kendal Calling revealed its line up as Foals, Stereophonics and Supergrass top the bill at the biggest party in Cumbria this summer. Capstone Theatre has also unveiled the start of the line up for the Liverpool International Jazz Festival too.
As ever, we’re always looking for new writers and photographers to join our team, do feel free to drop us a message if you fancy joining the team. Be sure to follow our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram feeds for all the latest in news, reviews, hot topics and competitions.
Let’s get this ball rolling as we bring you the top stories of the week on Getintothis.
Getintothis’ top five most-read stories of the week:
- Ashanti Liverpool gig branded ‘worst show ever’ amid fights, drink swilling and ticket scams
- Flaming Lips Liverpool Invisible Wind Factory date revealed as part of UK tour
- Shaun Ryder interview: Pills ‘n’ Thrills and Backaches
- UK festivals need to start following Primavera’s lead
- Lost Liverpool #26: Proper, Ned Murphy and the restless brilliance of a Scouse songwriting hero
Getintothis’ top five most-read gigs of the week:
- Alffa, Black Market, Dienw: Sound, Liverpool
- The Heavy North, The Sway, Banshees, Pleasure Island, Rivver: Jacaranda Phase One, Liverpool
- VEXED, Godeater, Suffer, Chiasmata: Jacaranda, Liverpool
- Strange Bones, Dead Naked Hippies, Gen and the Degenerates: Jacaranda Phase One, Liverpool
- Valeras, Novacub, Aligners: Sound, Liverpool