As one non-stop week ends, another starts and Getintothis’ Will Whitby brings you the roundup of our top stories of the past seven days.
This week has seen Manchester’s International Festival kick off with the city being immersed in art, music, theatre, the future and some big guest talks.
Some are off to Birmingham’s experimental weekender Supersonic as the dark, the soulful, the wacky and the wonderful celebrate the festival’s 15th year with Neurosis and Pigs x7. Next weekend we’re off to Truck.
There are some key dates for your diary as we’ve had tour news the past seven days from Durand Jones and The Indicators, We Were Promised Jetpacks, Feeder, (Sandy) Alex G, phantasmagoric shoegazers Just Mustard and Getintothis favourite King Khan who brings his Louder Than Death ensemble to the Zanzi.
If you don’t want to leave Liverpool why not celebrate with the rest of us at The Caledonia?
The pub has been nominated in The Great British Pub Awards. With entertainment on every single day, a raft of brilliant ales, some of the best vegan grub in the city and its super dog-friendly no wonder the country has taken notice of this Scouse favourite.
And if you’re really into your beer we have big news as Albert’s Schenke Bier Halle is coming to Hanover Street for your pre-gig pint.
Rejoice! Bon Iver has released even more new music for their upcoming album i,i. We adored their last album and new tracks Jelmore and Faith confirmed that the glitchy yet anthemic electronica is back. The latter is this writer’s track of the year.
As ever, we’re always looking for new writers and photographers to join our team, do feel free to drop us a message if you fancy joining the team. Be sure to follow our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram feeds for all the latest in news, reviews, hot topics and competitions.
Let’s get this ball rolling as we bring you the top stories of the week on Getintothis.
Getintothis’ top 5 most-read stories of the week
- Anathema’s Vincent Cavanagh on the poetic significance of gigs, denim shaming and returning to Liverpool
- The Caledonia Pub nominated for Great British Pub award
- Albert’s Schenke Bier Halle in Liverpool coming to help you with pre-gig warm ups
- Frightened Rabbit, Scott Hutchison and Tiny Changes: a brave and audacious project
Getintothis’ top 5 most-read gigs of the week
- Bob Dylan, Neil Young: Hyde Park, London
- Deeper Cuts Festival 2019,Teeth of the Sea, HOUSEWIVES, Gum Takes Tooth: Phase One, Kazimier Garden
- Citadel Festival: review, what we learned and the best bands from Gunnersbury Park
- King Khan’s Louder Than Death announce Liverpool date – exclusive
- We Were Promised Jetpacks announce Arts Club date, Feeder to play Phase One and a new video from Only Sun