At the climax of yet another week, Getintothis’ Will Whitby brings you the roundup of the top stories and gigs.
First things first, Happy New Year from all of us here at Getintothis. We hope you have a brilliant 2020 filled with lots of boss music and good times. We hope you can stick around for the ride with us here as well.
We’ve been enjoying ourselves over the festive period.
Plenty of mince pies have been eaten, beers have been drank and plenty of boss music has been consumed as well.
But what happens when the latter two meet? Bands love putting out their own beer and it pains us to say that we had the very hard job (trust me) of tasting them all.
Dr Who was back on our screens as the Time Lord is back to mystify our weekends. Did you see it?
We’ll save you the spoilers for now but check out our review and see what you think. Elsewhere on the big screen, we dove into our collection of film reviews over the last 12 months to find out our film of 2019.
New Year can be considered a time for reflection and I’m sure we’ve all been debating our best albums and moments of 2019 before the new decade. We compiled a number of lists asking the highlights of the year from people across Liverpool music and beyond. Check them out here:
Before we return to the weekend and trying to convince ourselves that it’s still Christmas, we have just announced our third birthday party for Deep Cuts. Our third birthday festivities features a five-band bill – including a guitar orchestra, cinematic industrial techno and good ole’ fashioned rock and roll.
Get your early bird tickets here: https://bit.ly/37v8iqH
As ever, we’re always looking for new writers and photographers to join our team, do feel free to drop us a message if you fancy joining the team. Be sure to follow our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram feeds for all the latest in news, reviews, hot topics and competitions.
Anyway – let’s crack on with the Getintothis’ Top Five stories and gigs of the week.
Getintothis’ top five most-read stories of the week:
- Getintothis’ 2019 Year In Review: best gigs, event, albums, venues, festival, label, hero and more
- Kraftwerk’s Wolfgang Flur set to play live show in Wigan
- 4AD Artist Vaughan Oliver dies age 62
- Neil Innes of The Rutles, Monty Python and Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band dead at 75
- All That Jazz – Parrjazz reflects on a stellar year for Liverpool’s jazz community
Getintothis’ top five most-read gigs of the week:
- Red Rum Club, Shardy, Scuttlers: Jimmys, Liverpool
- Katie Mac: Shipping Forecast, Liverpool
- Ali Horn, Bobby West, COW, New Mexico: Arts Club, Liverpool
- Cast, Stone, The Kendos: O2 Academy Liverpool
- Stealing Sheep, Vide0, Despicable Zee: Kazimier Stockroom