With the other side of the M62 offering its usual infinity of live music to choose from, Getintothis’ James Sullivan picks out five must-see gigs on offer this month in Manchester.
With Liverpool’s Kalax finding a kindred spirit to his filmic electro in Irish producer Femmepop, Getintothis’ Cat Vivian gets stuck in to their collaborative banger Celestial.
The fourth annual FestEvol returns for The Kazimier’s swansong delivering a who’s who of Liverpool’s finest new artists, Getintothis’ Peter Guy reports exclusively on the August musical royal rumble.
All Tomorrow’s Parties Iceland 2015 feat Swans, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Belle and Sebastian, Iggy Pop: Atlantic Studios, Iceland
With celebrity near misses, tennis ball fights and impromptu car park disco, Getintoths’ Paul Dorrian takes in the spectacular sights of ATP Iceland.
With tracks acting as love letters to pet fish, tributes to dead dogs and poems for ponies, Getintothis’ James Sullivan counts down the top songs about pets.
With Liverpool’s electronic music scene undergoing something of a renaissance, Getintothis’ Robert Alcock gets giddy with one of techno’s original pioneers, Detroit’s Derrick May.
With Hudson Taylor, Amber Run and Liverpool favourites The Hummingbirds heading up the bill, Getintothis’ Simon Lewis and Chris Flack present the very finest of snaps from this year’s Arts Club all-dayer.
Getting distracted whilst looking for music news to waffle about, Getintothis’ Shaun Ponsonby instead celebrates the birthday on the world’s greatest rabbit.
Despite a startlingly small crowd at the O2 Academy, Getintothis’ Shaun Ponsonby witnessed a masterclass by two reggae legends.
There’s melancholy at its most beautiful, the future of pop, revivalism done right and a titanic stomp of blues in this week’s playlist of the very finest new music from Getintothis’ Patrick Clarke.
One of Liverpool’s best-loved up-and-comers will say goodbye to the city’s favourite venue this Christmas with a special live gig, Getintothis’ Patrick Clarke reports.
With a new video and EP just released, Getintothis’ Adam Lowerson looks ahead to Beak>’s upcoming Kazimier show.
- Dysgeusia #10: Metaphorical furnishings and dystopian rock operas featuring Russkaja, Year Of The Goat and Native Construct
- Prince confirms fourth album in a year
- Cosmic Slop #26: When did NME become a glorified Noel Gallagher fanzine?
- Dieter Moebius of Cluster and Harmonia dies – tribute to Krautrock pioneer
- Clinic – ‘We’re just made up to be playing the Kazimier one last time’
- David Sedaris on organs, rubbish & the House of Commons
- Outfit – ‘No one who wanted to be commercially successful would’ve made the album we’ve just made’
- Shaun Ryder – Black Grape was my little bit of revenge after the Happy Mondays
- All We Are win the GIT Award 2015 at Kazimier ceremony – picture gallery
- The GIT Award 2015 winner to be announced at Kazimier spectacular tonight
- The GIT Award 2015 – Artists, bands and industry heads pick their winner ahead of Kazimier show
- Louis Berry – I’m daring, I like to compete and strive to be the best