With Liverpool’s best and brightest bands out in force and a life-affirming conclusion from The Flaming Lips, Getintothis’ Patrick Clarke gets stuck in to day two of his Sound City adventures.
With the sun out in full force for the second day of Sound City, Getintothis’ Adam Lowerson witnesses some defining moments as well as getting a burnt face.
Friday night’s red sky left old wives across the whole of Liverpool beaming today as the sun cracked the flags for Getintothis’ Ste Knight to have a proper go at Saturday’s Sound City.
Liverpool Sound City 2015 review: Gengahr, Thurston Moore Band, Aquaserge, The Sundowners, Moats, Slient Sleep, Thousand, Becky Becky
Getintothis’ Matthew Wood sacrifices seeing The Flaming Lips’ entire show but reveals some undeniable gems.
With festivals recognised as much for their quirks nowadays than headline acts, it’s only right that Getintothis’ Tom Konstantynowicz points out some of the quirkiest acts on a gloriously sun drenched day two of Sound City.
Liverpool Sound City 2015 review: Evian Christ, Tim Peaks Diner, Fucked Up, UMO, Doomsquad, Stealing Sheep, Blaz Perus, Saskwatch, God Damn
Reborn from Friday’s late night Roni Size party, Getintothis’ Phil Morris knows a good thing when he sees it and returns for seconds, this time with Evian Christ.
Liverpool Sound City 2015 review: All We Are, LoneLady, Real Lies, FEMME, GOASTT, Flo Morrissey, Hooton Tennis Club, Gulf, Olivier Heim
Taking in the sun, sounds and an almighty sugar rush, Getintothis’ Emma Walsh just about keeps up the pace as Sound City delivers another stormer Saturday.
Liverpool Sound City’s musical offering begin, Getintothis’ Peter Guy reflects on the day’s highlights.
Liverpool Sound City 2015 Review: Barberos, Triana Park, The Lytics, M.O, Okkyung Lee, George The Poet, Roni Size
Taking the late shift, Getintothis’ Phil Morris trails through some of the finest sights and sounds of Sound City’s opening night and joins the last citizens standing for Roni Size.
Liverpool Sound City 2015 review: Wayne Coyne, Swans, The Vaccines, Circa Waves, 36?, JPNSGRLS, Garbanotas Bosistas, Black City Ravens
After attending day one of the Sound City conference Getintothis’ Vicky Pea was drawn back for a second bite before clambering over to Bramley Moore Dock to catch Friday’s action.
Despite some sound issues and teething problems, Getintothis’ Adam Lowerson saw the unique potential of Sound City’s new home after an impressive day one.
Finding the perfect balance of noise chaos and a chilled festival vibe, Getintothis’ Tom Konstantynowicz reports on the first day of Sound City at its new Bramley Moore home.
- Liverpool Sound City 2015 review: JPNSGRLS, Mouses, Jesse Sheehan, Close Talker, Young Benjamins, Ady Suleiman, His New Atlas
- Liverpool Sound City 2015 review: SWANS, Iceage, YAK, Bad Meds, Neon Waltz
- Liverpool Sound City 2015 review: The Vaccines, Everything Everything, Spector, Shijo, Luckless, The Clameens
- Liverpool Sound City 2015 Conference: Edwyn Collins, Mark E Smith, Julian Cope
- The Pop Group – ‘We’re here to provide an alternative channel against the zombification of society’
- XamVolo – ‘I’ve been playing gigs in my head for ages’ plus gallery from Bipolar Sunshine support slot
- Purple Reggae: Fast talks new venture Radio Riddler and a Fun Lovin’ anniversary tour
- Abandon Silence 5.5 – Andrew Hill on five years of Liverpool partying
- All We Are win the GIT Award 2015 at Kazimier ceremony – picture gallery
- The GIT Award 2015 winner to be announced at Kazimier spectacular tonight
- The GIT Award 2015 – Artists, bands and industry heads pick their winner ahead of Kazimier show
- Louis Berry – I’m daring, I like to compete and strive to be the best