A whole host of treats across the Sound City board for Getintothis’ Ste Knight as he tries out his ancestoral sealegs on Bramley Moore Dock.
Liverpool Sound City 2015 review: JPNSGRLS, Mouses, Jesse Sheehan, Close Talker, Young Benjamins, Ady Suleiman, His New Atlas
Pleasantly surprised by the new, if not so shiny, Sound City surrounds, Getintothis’ Emma Walsh witnesses sound battles, dancing queens, too much PDA and a head trauma.
Liverpool Sound City begins with an almighty hammer from the gods, Getintothis’ Patrick Clarke basks in the thunder down at the docks.
Liverpool Sound City 2015 review: The Vaccines, Everything Everything, Spector, Shijo, Luckless, The Clameens
With the Vaccines making the big-stage step-up for this year’s Sound City, Getintothis’ Matthew Wood was front and centre to see if they’ve got the headline chops.
With iconic guest speakers, rising musical stars and a hidden away party in a photography studio, Getintothis’ Adam Lowerson took in the sights and sounds on an impressive first day of Sound City.
After a fun filled day at the Sound City conference it’s time to turn it up as Bramley Moore Dock prepares to open its gates for day one of musical mischief.
Liverpool rock and rollers Circa Waves are added to Liverpool Sound City 2015 bill.
With an appreciative but quiet audience, Getintothis’ Emma Walsh finds Ms Hayes playing a slow burner of a set.
As The Simpsons loses one of its core cast members, Getintothis’ Shaun Ponsonby takes a break from scouring music news to plead with the show’s staff to let it go.
As Jad Fair and Norman Blake renew their unlikely collaboration at Leaf, Getintothis’ Paul Higham considers how contrasting musical styles can make such partnerships utterly compelling.
Getintothis’ Craig MacDonald witnesses a hip hop masterclass in the Kazimier when People Under The Stairs returned to Liverpool for their first night in the city in 8 years.
With their groundbreaking album The Infamous now 20 years old, Getintothis’ Zach Jones celebrates hip-hop legends Mobb Deep – as well as casting his eye over emerging Liverpool talents.
- The Pop Group – ‘We’re here to provide an alternative channel against the zombification of society’
- XamVolo – ‘I’ve been playing gigs in my head for ages’ plus gallery from Bipolar Sunshine support slot
- Purple Reggae: Fast talks new venture Radio Riddler and a Fun Lovin’ anniversary tour
- Abandon Silence 5.5 – Andrew Hill on five years of Liverpool partying
- All We Are win the GIT Award 2015 at Kazimier ceremony – picture gallery
- The GIT Award 2015 winner to be announced at Kazimier spectacular tonight
- The GIT Award 2015 – Artists, bands and industry heads pick their winner ahead of Kazimier show
- Louis Berry – I’m daring, I like to compete and strive to be the best